5 Local Restaurants to fulfill late-night cravings

For late nights during the peak of football season at the University of South Carolina, and for anyone else up a little later than they meant to be, there are various spots where students can get late-night snacks following a nighttime game.

Students often remain up past midnight, enabling a search for a late-night snack, particularly on the weekends when trying to relax before classes start up again. Although there are multiple dining options on-campus, most tend to close before midnight, but some restaurants nearby remain open as late as 4 a.m. for students to dine.

Falafel King by Bombay Grill

Located on 2020 Gervais St. in downtown Five Points, Falafel King by Bombay Grill is a Mediterranean and Indian street food style restaurant that has both dine-in and takeout options. The restaurant serves low-priced, homemade cuisine to the community for those with late-night food cravings.

There are a multitude of dishes available, including vegan and vegetarian options. The restaurant serves an assortment of appetizers in large sizes, including falafels, which are vegetarian fried mashed chickpeas blended with spices and herbs, for $8.95. The prices for the different dishes range from $5 to $15.

Falafel King by Bombay Grill is open Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. and on Fridays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 a.m. The restaurant closes at 10 p.m. on Sundays.

An illustration of a list of foods available in Columbia after hours.

Henry’s Restaurant & Bar

Henry's Restaurant & Bar is a dine-in establishment that serves cost-effective American meals, including brunch dishes and is located on 2865 Devine St.

The restaurant serves both full meals and smaller items for snacking on, which is suitable for a late-night snack. Hot honey cheese nuggets and Carolina cheese fries are both two excellent small dishes for $10.99. There are more cost-effective solutions with lower options, with prices ranging from $10 to $20.

The operating hours at Henry's are 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Sundays. 

Stoner’s Pizza Joint

Stoner's Pizza Joint, located at 1216 Washington St, serves affordable pizza, wings, and select desserts. This pizzeria offers dine-in, takeout and delivery options, making it easily accessible throughout Columbia.

Customers can get a meal easily and conveniently by using the restaurant's delivery service. When someone with a late-night craving does not have a car and does not feel comfortable walking late at night, the delivery option is a great option.

The restaurant is open from 10:45 a.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Saturday. Sunday's hours of operation are 12 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Sky Bistro Lounge

For something a little fancier, Sky Bistro Lounge serves a variety of foods, including seafood, lamb chops, tacos and more. It is located at 1120 Washington St., near Columbia's Soda City Market, which takes place every Saturday.

Some late-night dining options at Sky Bistro Lounge include their entrées, which are more costly at about $26 for a stuffed chicken breast and $28 for salmon, as well as various burgers, which start at $16. The meals are typically priced between $20 and $30, with higher-quality options costing more.

The Sky Bistro Lounge is open Thursdays from 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. and Fridays from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. On Saturdays, the restaurant is open from 1 p.m. to 1 a.m., and Sundays from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. The restaurant remains open, but the kitchen closes 30 minutes before closing.

Eddie’s Calzones

Wherever a late-night party or study session will take you, Eddie's Calzones serves a variety of affordable calzones, including vegetable and meat calzones. It is located at 817 Harden St. in Five Points. This restaurant offers dine-in, takeout and delivery options.

Eddie's Calzones serves tasty late-night meals such as Philly cheesesteaks and chicken parmesan. The restaurants' costs are more reasonable, ranging from $10 to $20 for a meal.

The hours of operation are 11 a.m. to 4 a.m. Monday through Saturday and 12 p.m. to 4 a.m. on Sunday.

All of these restaurants can serve as a perfect pick for the party animals and insomniacs here in Columbia looking to fulfill late-night food cravings.