'Fall' into fall with these 7 Hallmark-esque activities

As the air starts to get cooler and leaves start to turn, Hallmark begins playing autumn romance movies, encouraging us to romanticize our lives and enjoy fall to the fullest. 

For students of the University of South Carolina, some parts of campus may look straight out of a Hallmark movie, but it can be hard to know where to find some classic, iconic fall activities. Pumpkin patches, apple picking and haunted houses are just a few of these activities that Columbia offers, students simply need to know where to look.

Clinton Sease Farm

Pumpkin picking, corn mazes and wagon rides are all classic fall staples, and what better place to do them than in South Carolina? For those looking to live out their classic fall movie dreams, Clinton Sease Farm is a place to have them all come true. While one may not find their soulmate in a small-town farmer, it may just be the place to find the perfect pumpkin for carving.

If people are looking for a place to wear cozy sweaters, eat from food trucks and get lost in a corn maze, then Clinton Sease Farm is open until Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. 

Columbia Official Bar Crawl

For those 21 and up and looking for some Halloween fun in Columbia, this Columbia Official Bar Crawl is an easy and fun way to get in the Halloween spirit. On Oct. 26, this event leads eventgoers around Columbia and allows free entry into over four venues, a digital bar crawl map and more spooky, boozy fun.

This bar crawl will lead to different Columbia bars and give one the chance to enter into a costume contest and get free merchandise. The Columbia Official Bar Crawl starts at 4 p.m. and lasts until 10 p.m. 

Boo at the Zoo

For animal lovers everywhere or for those looking to express their wild side, Riverbanks Zoo & Garden offers an annual Halloween-themed two-week-long event for those looking to celebrate the season. Riverbanks Zoo's usual attractions will still be available but spookier.

A list of various fall activities with fall symbols.

Additional attractions will include haunted rides, themed DJs and a magic show. Trick-or-treating, spooky fun and Halloween parties are found for those 13 days at the Zoo, and spooky fun can be had. Boo at the Zoo is open from Oct. 18 to Oct. 30, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Windy Hill Orchard & Cider Mill

In order to fully embrace the fall season, drinking apple cider and picking apples is a must. Windy Hill Orchard & Cider Mill offers a pumpkin patch and an apple cider experience. This orchard also offers freshly made apple products, apple cider and hayrides.

For those who are 21 and up, Windy Hill Orchard & Cider Mill offers hard cider and a cider bar as a refreshing beverage after apple picking. Windy Hill Orchard is open on Thursdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and from noon to 6 p.m. on Sundays. 

South Carolina State Fair

This classic event is hosted in Columbia and is a staple of fall. The South Carolina State Fair plays host to families, college students and Columbia residents, and it has the classic fair staples of corn dogs, carnival games and fun rides.

The South Carolina State Fair is the place to go to ride a unique roller coaster, win a cheesy stuffed animal or pet some adorable barnyard animals. The fair is open from Oct. 9 to Oct. 20, with times varying between 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. 

Deceased Farm Haunted Attraction

For those looking for a good fright and a fun night, Deceased Farm is located in Lexington and is open through Nov. 2. This farm isn’t filled with corn and cotton but is a haunted walk through creepy buildings, terrifying outdoor areas and a spooky corn maze. This self-guided haunt will give patrons a fright you won't soon forget. 

Deceased Farm Haunted Attraction is open from 7 p.m. to 10 or 11 p.m. on October weekends, with specific dates mentioned on the website.

South Carolina Ballet’s Dracula: Ballet with a Bite

A nice, relaxing, ghoulish evening can be found at South Carolina Ballet’s performance of "Dracula: Ballet with a Bite." This ballet is hosted at the Koger Center and is an evening of haunted, dark fun. Based on Bram Stoker's "Dracula," this ballet will give viewers an unforgettably spooky night. 

This ballet is open Oct. 25 and Oct. 26, and the show begins at 7:30 p.m.

Fall is here, and these are some ideas to fully embrace the spirit. Hallmark movies are full of romance, intense plots, and classic fun activities, but it can be hard to find those activities. This is a place to start, so buckle up, grab some pumpkin spice lattes, wrap those flannel blankets up and start embracing the fall season.